Thursday, November 29, 2012

Make a Cake Birthday


Today's card features the Make a Cake stamp set from Stampin' Up! It's my sister's birthday and I wanted to make her something using this set so here's what I came up with:


I knew I had to use yellow because that's her favorite color but I wasn't quite sure which direction I wanted to take it. That's why I'm so thankful that Stampin' Up! coordinates all their products. I looked at the stash of Designer Series Paper I had and made my color scheme from that. I went with the Floral District DSP which features the following colors: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White.

Knowing that, I used Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White but I also branched out and used Midnight Muse - I wanted a bold, dark color and Midnight Muse really fit the bill. A few punches with the Petite Pennant Builder Punch, a quick stamp of the cake and a "jeuje" of glitter and we have a super cute card.

Happy Birthday, Karen! I know it'll be one of the best birthdays ever since you get to be with the babies! Yay! I love you!

 

Supplies
Stamps
Paper
Ink

Other

Happy Creating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!