Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mr & Mrs Wedding Card


Last weekend one of my favorite people got married. I, unfortunately, was unable to attend. It broke my heart not only because I adore my cousin so much but also because she was the only person in attendance at my wedding. I guess they call it irony that my husband and I were the only people not in attendance.

The reasons I love Megan so much are many - she is cute, hilarious, adventurous, among many other things. I wanted to make a "congratulations on your wedding/marriage" card that would capture her sense of whimsy. Not to toot my own horn (ok, yes it is) but I think her card came out very cute. And it was relatively easy to make.


Before I could start anything, I had to go to Stampin' Up! and purchase the Many Mustaches Stamp Brush Set digital download. Not a difficult thing to do since I loved this set anyway.

After downloading the file, I opened my digital design software and started playing around. Once I decided on the placement, size and font I printed them out on my ink jet printer onto 8 1/2" x 11" Whisper White Card Stock. In this case I made two cards on one piece of paper:


I then took my creation to my desk and cut the paper in half to give me two cards:


Next, I used my Simply Scored scoring board to give a nice, crisp crease down the center to make it easier (not to mention more professional looking) when folding the card. And just like that I had a super cute card!


Me being who I am I wanted to "step up" the card - give it that extra something so I took some of my other supplies - my Versamarker, some black embossing powder and some red glitter embossing powder - and gave a little life to my mustache and lips. Can you see the shine and the glitter? That's from heat embossing. It almost feels like a magic trick when you do it. Kinda cool.


After embossing I decided to take it one step further - I cut the card front down about 1/4 in. on each side, tied a ribbon around the card then mounted that card front onto a plain card base using my Stampin' Dimensionals - they are what help the top layer pop off the bottom layer.


I have to say I am really pleased with the way it turned out. And after playing around I have come up with a few other ideas on how to use this digital brush set. I'm totally lovin' it!

Happy Creating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!