Thursday, January 10, 2013

Post Holiday Kudos

Hello! I hope the first week of 2013 has treated you well and that you've been able to relax with some crafting. I've been busy tyring to get back into the swing of things but have been rather unsuccessful thus far. Sometimes I wish the holidays wouldn't happen just because they mess with my schedule. Do you find that happens to you?

Since I was able to find a free moment, I wanted to take time to say welcome and KUDOS to someone who is a newcomer to Stampin' Up! and to crafting. She shared with me a photo of some projects she made to give out as gifts for Christmas this year. Here's what she made:


Didn't she do a fantastic job?! Can you believe she calls herself a novice? I think the ornaments turned out very well. Nice job, Brenda. I hope the recipients enjoyed these lovelies and appreciate the work you put into these. Beautiful!

These ornaments were actually from a special promotion Stampin' Up! was offering. I didn't even know about the promo until the kits were sold out! They went so quickly - it was something like a day and a half. I'm glad for those of you who were fortunate enough to get your hands on a set!

If you didn't get yourself a kit...

I know we're past the holiday season but I still wanted to share this project with you because some of the same individual items are still available from Stampin' Up! but only for a limited time. You can easily make these ornaments by using the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies along with your Big Shot. You could make these with any color combination of course. I think this one uses Lucky Limeade or Gumball Green and Real Red but you could easily substitute just about any colors. I made one with Baja Breeze and Basic Gray. Those two colors make a beautiful combination.

I didn't want you to miss out on the opportunity to get these goodies while you still can. You know, it's never too early to get a head start!

LIMITED TIME ITEMS
Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set clear mount 128051 or  wood mount 128048
Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies 127816

REGULAR CATALOG ITEMS
Big Shot 113439
Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons 127555
Large Pearl Basic Jewels 125577
Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad 126984
Gumball Green Classic Stampin Pad 126861
Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad 126949
Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad 126960
Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad 126981

Happy Creating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Friendly feedback is always welcome!